FONTS

 

Experimentation


Before choosing my font, I looked at movie titles for popular thriller films. I found thriller movies generally use fonts with very straight lines, rather than cursive - creating a bold look. I wanted to keep my credits fairly conventional, and not too distracting from the footage in my film. This is because I wanted the red imagery to stand out, and I preferred my audience to be disturbed by the imagery rather than distracted by the credits. As you can see above, Thriller credits tend to be written all in capital letters to make a striking impression. I chose the font Heiti-SC (as seen below) as it fit my criteria for my font choice.


In some shots I used a 3D text effect to add some interest to the credit, especially when the background did not have an obvious subject. I did this using Final Cut Pro, however I also used Adobe After Effects to made more interactive credits.

Final Credit, 3D Text effect with Heiti-SC font made with Final Cut Pro

3D text effect with Heiti-SC font made with Adobe After Effects




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

TARGET AUDIENCE