TARGET AUDIENCE


Working out Target Audiences

Pearl and Dean is a company that sells advertising space for UK cinemas. They analyse potential movie audiences, in order to calculate where is best to show the adverts (in order to reach the right target audience). They analyse the audience in terms of gender, social grade and age. and you can access the information online. I used some of this information to estimate the target audience for my film.


'Don't Worry Darling' - Directed by Olivia Wilde (2022)

The analysis of the film 'Don't Worry Darling', shows that the target audience is quite evenly split between genders. It also appeals to a younger audience, with only 17% of people above 45 being likely to watch the film. 64% of what is considered 'upper class' make up the audience for this film. As this film has a similar concept to our film opening, I used this research as a basis to figure out my own target audience.



Similar to 'Don't Worry Darling', I believe that my target audience would be pretty evenly split between genders as the characters are relatable to any gender. However, the film has a romanticized element which may appeal to female viewers. The psychological element may appeal to people between the age of 18-25, however, our film opening portrays a middle class lifestyle which may appeal to viewers around the ages of 40-50. Similarly, I think my film will appeal to an upper class audience, due to the sophisticated nature of couple. The characters are portrayed as predators, while still seeming classy, which can provide catharsis for some viewers, while challenging others with the ambiguous imagery. I think my film would appeal to film avids, as they tend to like sophisticated, analytical and thoughtful films. I think my film would fall into this category, as it contains a lot of imagery that may be hard to recognize at first until the dark undertones of the film are revealed.


Class system


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

FONTS